Saturday, September 20, 2008

Down Yonder

down yonder by the dry river bed

Some folks come a told me they saw my pa' runnin hooch out the back porch, but daddy was no hooch man, pa done had his moment of clarity and quit bending the elbow long before that old river gone dry iself' (,so my mama says.) now see he'a, i gots to splain' daddy did high tail'd it out of his compromises when i was a spring chicken and thats why i had to go see meself bouts that shed, see if the story they was selling was worth to buy, but when i done got there all was left is the groans of the abandon'd and the smells of the gone , but yous know thats my cross to bear, that it matter none to me if it sounds like the fabrication of a mean spirited person, all i have to hear is that they done seen a man with a silver toof and a gimp to his step pullin tricks on other folks and iam gone long before they finish tellin me the particulars, just like right now, i done heard theres a feller buyin silver for gold and they say he walks like a pimp so i got to go

No comments:

Post a Comment