Saturday, April 2, 2011

In my dreams I am Kenyan

Got my number yesterday, is about midnight right now . will try to update this as the night goes on. 
The race is at 8am
 I am sorta just looking to get it over with, I want to be on the other side of the finish line already , my only goal really is to be able to finish it in under one hour. there is no doubt in my mind that I will finish it.
30 minutes later..... kinda getting nervous..
maybe 5 weeks of "training" to go from no physical activity at all to a race is not enough, well, I do live in the 3rd floor and there is no elevator so I do get some exercise, just don't ask my wife or she will tell you about the time I waited all day for her to get home from work so she could stop across the street to get me a soda, but in my defense I was lazy before 


1 hour later.
maybe staying up all night wasn't such a good idea, My average total sleep for last 7 days was less than 4 hours a day split in 2 to 3 hrs in the morning followed by an hour nap before working all night .. oh one day I got like 5 hours all in a row , it was glorious! but they do say to not make any drastic changes and this has been my sleeping habits for the past decade so awake I stay half asleep I run!
hey shirt ideas!
-SLEEPwalker RUNNER 
-RUN LIKE A CRAZY PERSON
-"FUN RUN" 
-Y U NO RUN FASTER? on the back of my shirt .. granted I would have to get way better to pull it off
-WAIT FOR ME (probably more appropriate for my fitness level)
-I'M SLOW BUT STEADY

1 hour later
I'm thinking of making up some pre-race rituals, being this is my first race some of them might be counterproductive but hey, how would I know.. right?
¡¡¡¡¡IN-n-OUT pre-race burger !!!!!
LUCKY SOCKS!!!
I know they look funny but they are quite comfortable and my knees hurt a lot less after .
1hr later.
ooooh Am getting nervous .
I will not poop my pants .
I will not throw up.
I will keep my own pace
I gotta work on my playlist 
15 songs 58 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Remember to attach an ashtray to the back of the runner in front of you!

    ReplyDelete