Monday, April 11, 2011

That wall has no idea who I am


This morning run started like all the runs before, I was standing outside my building doing a couple of stretches when my weird neighbor came out and mumbled something or another then I turned on my I-pod and started to head out at a brisk walk pace.

 I felt good considering this weekend's 18 mile bike ride.

I wasn't planning on doing anything special keep to the training plan I tell me , the second song on my playlist started to play it was  Foghat - I just wanna make love to you  the nice steady opening riff made me get my knees up and started running , the original workout plan has been a few minutes run followed by a minute walk, then run again for a few minutes on and on till I get back home , everything was going according to plan, until I got to my first road marker,

a purple flower bush I usually hit about 4 minutes of running but instead of slowing down to a walk I didn't feel the need to take a break, I remember thinking --well, I did walked kinda slow at the beginning-- maybe I could go an extra minute of running instead , but then I did another and then another, I was feeling great, my heart was not pounding in my ears like a jackhammer , my lungs were cooperating,  I wasn't panting like a dog in a heat wave , I was running steady even as I hit the turn around marker I was still doing great so I kept going and going next thing I knew it was a whole extra mile before I decided to turn around.

The other day I was reading about how amazing this guy felt after hitting the wall and feeling it vanish behind him as he kept going and I have to say that it is something amazing, I really can't wait to do it again .

                VEGAS HALF MARATHON IN DECEMBER LOOKS VERY GOOD NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment